Briarcliff Manor Criminal Defense Attorney
Powerful Legal Advocacy in Briarcliff Manor
Our Briarcliff Manor criminal defense lawyers at Proto, Sachs & Brown, LLP are driven by one goal: providing our clients with reliable, fair, and tenacious criminal defense strategies when the criminal justice system seeks to penalize them harshly. We are capable of handling any criminal defense matter, from serious accusations involving felony charges to traffic violations and citations to driving while intoxicated (DWI) arrests. When the people of Upstate New York need legal assistance, they know they can rely on us to be there for them.
Consider our accolades and accomplishments when choosing your defense attorney:
There is no time to lose. Contact us today and request a free consultation.
We Know Criminal Defense Like the Back of Our Hands
Our years of combined experience has given us insight and know-how into the criminal justice system and relevant proceedings than many other law firms in the state cannot claim. From conducting pretrial investigations to determining if you can appeal a previous conviction, we are your team of Briarcliff Manor criminal defense attorneys. If you have a legal problem, we can put our heads together to find the right solution for you.
Criminal defense cases we can handle include but are certainly not limited to:
Penalties You Could Face in New York State If Convicted
The specifics of your criminal case will cause your potential penalties if convicted to vary dramatically but no matter how you approach it, no conviction is beneficial. You will always want to do what you can to challenge the accusations, either by moving for a full dismissal of the case or for a reduction of your sentencing.
If you are convicted of a misdemeanor or a felony, you could be punished with:
- High fines - The state can collect a few hundred to several thousand dollars from you, depending on the severity of your alleged crime.
- Incarceration - You might spend months in a county jail or years in state prison. Either way, you will be removed from your home and loved ones for far too long.
- Probation - You will be placed on a “watch list” after you finish any incarceration sentencing. Any additional mistake could slam you with escalated charges and penalties.
- Reputation damage - Employers and educational institutions unfairly stay away from people with a criminal record. If you are convicted of a sex crime, you will also have to register with national sex offender lists, which will further ruin your name and possibly force you to relocate.
- License suspension - Nearly all traffic citations or DWI convictions will strip you of your license suspension for a year or more. If a driving-related criminal violation, such as vehicular manslaughter, is tied to your conviction, you can also lose your license.
- Other - You may be inconvenienced with hours and hours of community service, forced to attend counseling or educational courses, or even have to pay a monthly tax to have an ignition interlock device or house arrest bracelet.
Let Us Be Your Briarcliff Manor Criminal Defense Lawyers
When it comes to criminal defense representation, you cannot afford to retain anyone you cannot trust. We believe our team is capable, motivated, and backed by the history and client praise necessary to prove to you that we are friendly, top-tier attorneys.
Call (914) 840-5104 today for more information about our services.
Briarcliff Manor Courts and Clerks
Briarcliff Manor Village Clerk:
- 1111 Pleasantville Road, Briarcliff Manor, NY 10510
- (914) 941-4801
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM (non-summer hours)
Village Justice Court:
- 1 Van Wyck Street, Croton-On-Hudson, NY 10520
- (914) 271-6266
- Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM